Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Books. Its all about #SecondhandFirst BOOKS!

This morning I was reading in FB land and in one of the blogs was a post about....you guessed it!  Books!!
Talking about books, my favorite thing!
And there was a linky-uppie thingy....

So....I will answer the questions about books.....and my first linky-uppie-thingy!


One book I am currently reading: Awaken The Giant Within - Tony Robbins

One book that changed my life: Grace Revolution  - Joseph Prince

One book that I would want on a desert island: The Bible (I could list others here..)

One book that I have read more than once: Cane River - Lalita Tademy

One book that I never finished: None laying around - I get rid of them!

One book that made me laugh: For the Love - Jen Hatmaker

One book that made me cry: Marley & Me - John Grogan (this has never happened before.....)

One book that is a waste of time:  Forest Gump - it is NOT the movie!!! ( I was actually shocked  - the movie does NOT match the book - movie is way better...)

One book I am re-reading: Jesus Calling

One book I have been meaning to read: The Friday Night Knitting Club - Kate Jacobs

One book everyone should read: The Love Revolution - Joyce Meyer

One book I think is horrible: ANYTHING by Nicholas Sparks - YUK!  (not happy - finds happy - gets happy - then dies) No.


Now....in the spirit of #SeconhandFirst - only ONE of these books besides my Bibles, were purchased at  full retail.
Grace Revolution by Joseph Prince.
The rest were all found at local thrift stores!

This is why I can love books!  I find books inexpensive and then learn something or just have brain candy - like Grisham novels,or Greg Iles - I am in the middle of Nachez Burning - excellent read.
There is others but we can save them for another blog post!

Happy Reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Maria, welcome to The Loft!! So glad you linked up with us this week. I loved reading your answers to the meme. You shared some books that I am not familiar with, so I will have to check those out. Love the name of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your answers! I had to smile at your diss on Nicholas Sparks. You might be the first to ever not like him - that I've seen, anyway. You're right, though. Why would we want to read knowing the hero/heroine always dies?

    Also, I never thought about reading Forest Gump. The movie totally defines Forest Gump for me - I could never think of it in any other way, so I will definitely stay away from the book.

    Good job on finding all of these but one at discounted prices!

    Thanks for sharing at the Loft!

    ReplyDelete